Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What I Almost Stepped In 2

[Ed's note: This blog is not for the weak of stomach. Don't say I didn't warn you]

Today I almost stepped in vomit. Three times.

I think.

I know the last time was definitely vomit. The first two I'm still not sure of.

This morning on my way to work I was crossing Broadway at 40th Street. As I got to the opposite sidewalk and was stepping up onto the curb I looked down into the gutter and saw this huge...the only word I can think of is mass. It was just an amazingly incredible amount of, of something. Which is the reason I doubt it was actually vomit. It was an actual pile. Regardless, I still took care to walk around it.

On my way home from improv rehearsal I came across suspicious speciman number two. As I got closer, I realized it may not have been vomit but actually was chili that someone didn't want and threw to the ground. At least, I told myself it was just chili. But I'm still not sure.

The last incident was right outside of Port Authority and this, my friend, was the real thing. Real vomit. And how do I know it was real? Because rats were eating it.

True story. Welcome to New York!

No comments: