Monday, April 06, 2009

Saget's Revenge

Last week I wrote a post in response to the fact that Bob Saget has a new sitcom coming out.

Apparently Bob's deal with the devil is even sneakier than I imagined.

Yesterday Sarah and I were at Target and we split up into our usual departments; she in the clothing section and I browsed through the media. They were having a sale on TV shows on DVD and I came across the first season of How I Met Your Mother for only 12 bucks. I'd never seen an episode but had heard pretty good things about it, not to mention the fact I'm a fan of co-stars Jason Segal (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Undeclared, Freaks and Geeks), Alyson Hannigan (American Pie), and Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser, Harold & Kumer, and the incredible Dr. Horrible).

It's been a while since I was brave enough to buy a DVD without previously seeing it, but I figured at only 12 bucks I couldn't go wrong.

Fast-forward a few hours. Sarah and I pop in Disc 1 and the narration (oh, it's narrated?) begins. Sarah turns to me and says, "That sounds like Bob Saget."

She was right. Wait. Was she? I listened. It did sound like him. But then again...maybe not. I scrambled over to my computer and looked up the show on IMDb.

Yep. It's him. We watched two episodes (I still enjoyed them, despite Saget's presence) but ended  the night watching the first six episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

But I still couldn't believe Bob Saget got past me like that. How did I not know that? How could no one tell me? Entertainment Weekly, you let me down. You always conveniently seem to leave out that little detail when you rave about the show.

You've won this round Saget, you fat-headed imp.

4 comments:

Davis said...

Have you looked behind you lately? HE'S THERE!!

stacey said...

i have watched many an episode and never ever realized it. what the

john allen said...

I'll never forget the look on my mother's face when as a pre-teen we sat down to watch his HBO standup special in the 80's. We never expected affable Danny Turner to be so ridiculously foul. Not foul in the sense of hey, I really need an f-bomb to get this joke across...more like foul as in I have no jokes, so I will shock you with toilet humor

janelle said...

DANNY TANNER MAKES ME MAD!!