Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chelsea Clinton's "Wedding of the Century"

Apparently Chelsea Clinton is getting married and it's a big deal. To be honest, that's about all I know because I only read the headline. Chelsea Clinton is so low on my radar - just a bit lower than Erin Moran and Mr. Belding - I couldn't be bothered to read the article.

Yahoo News is calling her nuptials the "wedding of the century."

Seriously. Please media, I beg of you, do not try to make Chelsea Clinton into our version of Princess Diana. Just don't. Please.

And how cocky are we to call this event the wedding of the century? We're only 10 years into it. How belittling is that to everyone else who comes along in the next 90 years? Our apologies, future people of note who get married. Sorry, Celebrities-of-2088. I'm sorry, Dude Who Invents Monkey-To-English Tranlsator Voice Boxes. I understand you're all pretty important and prominent, but you seem to have forgotten that back around 2010, 2011, Chelsea Clinton got married.

Who?

She's the daughter of one of our presidents.

Huh? You mean other presidents' kids have gotten married, too?

Yea, but...well...this is happening now.

2 comments:

Amanda Miller said...

Made me laugh, so hard!

kristi said...

The comedian judges on Last Comic Standing would say: "Well written comedy!" and "I think you're very funny!" (And I agree!)