Monday, May 16, 2011

I Know That Car

I was reading an article a friend sent to me about the car from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang being up for sale. At the end of the article, they quoted a guy saying, "I think it's the most recognizable car in the world."



Really? In the world?

Wow, I don't know. That's a bold statement. Especially since I just saw the movie for the first time a couple of weeks ago and before that, if shown a photo of it I don't know if I could tell you what it was from.

That got me wondering what actually is the most recognizable car in the world. The first one I thought of is the DeLorean from the Back to the Future movies.



I mean...there's no way people don't recognize this car, right? And maybe I'm simply judging it from my own personal movie-going experience, but I would think more people would know this car than the Chitty car.

The next one I thought of was this guy:


I also thought of KITT from Knight Rider, but to be honest (and despite the attempted re-boot a little while back), I don't think  people really know who/what Knight Rider is unless you watched it when it was originally on in the 80s.

So....those are my thoughts. What do you think is the "most recognizable car in the world?" Did the original article get it right? Is it the car from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or do you agree with my DeLorean pick? Or...is it something that slipped my mind?


And are there any worldwide-recognizable cars from anything that's come out after the 80s?



I'd love to hear what you think.

No comments: