Friday, January 26, 2007

Um...Thanks, But No Thanks, Sundance

Right now the Sundance Film Festival is going on out west. It's something I've always been very interested in and it's always been a small dream of mine to take part one day.

You can imagine my excitement when I heard they were putting all of the short films in this year's festival online to watch for free. Way to go, Sundance! I decided since I didn't have any plans for the evening I would stay home and watch Sundance movies and feel like I was in on something cool.

I watched five of them, chosen at random, and I think I'm done watching Sundance movies. Let me put it this way: If I ever tell you I have a short film that has been accepted into and will be viewed at Sundance, it basically means I've made a horribly boring, non-sensical, "look how arty I am" steaming pile of crap. With bad acting.

What a letdown. I might as well have re-watched Lady in the Water. At least then I would have known going into it that my time was going to be majorly wasted.

No comments: