Monday, January 01, 2007

The Reading Railroad 2006

At the beginning of 2006 I posted a blog where I listed all of the books I read in 2005 and resolved to try to read more books this year than last (27 was the number to beat). About a month and a half ago I realized I probably wasn't going to make it and suddenly went on a reading rampage (thanks in part to my speed reading skills I developed in early '06).

I did it, and I make the same resolution this year; more books in '07 than in '06. My buddies Lane and Shayne both told me how many books they were able to read in a year's time, and it was a number much greater than what I accomplished in '06, so I shouldn't be sweating it.

I'm starting off the year with a book that came highly recommended and am looking forward to another year of page-turnin' fun. For those of you keeping score, here's what I read in '06. Happy New Year!

  1. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – J.K. Rowling

  2. The Truth (with jokes) – Al Franken

  3. Which Lie Did I Tell? – William Goldman

  4. The Colorado Kid – Stephen King

  5. Mirror Mirror – Gregory Maguire

  6. Unexpected Development – Marlene Perez

  7. Belushi – Judith Belushi Pisano and Tanner Colby

  8. Layer Cake - J.J. Connolly

  9. The Ha-Ha – Dave King

  10. The Rant Zone – Dennis Miller

  11. Naked Pictures of Famous People – Jon Stewart

  12. Rock This! – Chris Rock

  13. Black Jack Point – Jeff Abbott

  14. The Third Translation – Matt Bondurant

  15. Cell – Stephen King

  16. The Night Listener – Armistead Maupin

  17. The Comedy Bible – Judy Carter

  18. A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning – Lemony Snicket

  19. The Innocent – Harlan Coben

  20. A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Reptile Room – Lemony Snicket

  21. Tao Te Ching – Stephen Mitchell

  22. 52 Pick-Up – Elmore Leonard

  23. Bag of Bones – Stephen King

  24. It's Always Something – Gilda Radner

  25. The Phantom of the Opera – Gaston Leroux

  26. Roaring Lambs – Bob Briner

  27. Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus – John Gray

  28. Me Talk Pretty One Day – David Sedaris

  29. Carrie – Stephen King

No comments: