Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What Happened to Aaron's Paperjack?

A few years ago a dear friend of mine named Aaron Marrs passed away. He was working on a crab-fishing boat in the Alaskan waters when their boat was lost at sea. Aaron was working to save money to finish a documentary he and the rest of the crew of Paperjack Films were trying to finish (Aaron was the only one from Paperjack Films on the boat that went down).

After Aaron passed away, a benefit concert was held in Nashville featuring artists like Bleach and Relient K. The money raised was given to Paperjack Films so they could afford to finish the film. Does anyone out there know whatever happened to the film and this company? The Paperjack Films website disappeared a couple of years ago with no sign of the finished film and no word on where they were in the process. Their last update to the site was when they asked people to come to the benefit concert and, after that...nada.

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, but would really like to rest easy knowing all of the money raised by this benefit concert was actually used for what it was advertised it would be used for. Obviously I don't know the details, but to someone on this side of things, it looks like they took the money and ran. I just want to know that isn't the case.

If anyone has any info that would shed any light, please comment.

Thanks!

5 comments:

john allen said...

Please let me know what you find out. I for one would love to see even a rough cut of the film.

Brad said...

It's a long story and I only have a few of the answers.

eplacencia said...

I've gotten a few messages from people who are also concerned. I'd love it if someone from Paperjack could make a statement and fill us in. Hopefully they (or someone they know) will see this.

Eric Coomer said...

I was wondering the same thing, so I googled Paper Jack Films. This blog entry comes up as the second result in Google.

Aaron was a friend of mine as well and I'd really like to know what happened with the money and the film.

Whitney Van Winkle said...

I am Aaron's cousin and even I was not able to find the answer to that question when I asked. I will see what I can find out...it has been some time since it has been discussed.