Monday, October 25, 2010

And Also With You

I was a little stressed out yesterday morning. If you read my previous blog, then you know why. One thing I've always struggled with is the whole concept of "letting go." I want to let it go, I want to give it over, I want it to not bother me, I don't want it to fester and affect my day or how I treat those around me, but I don't know how to get from Point A to Point B.

That's one thing I admire about Sarah. She just doesn't let things get to her. I don't know how she does it. She just...does it.

I was trying to not let my emotions get the best of me, but Sarah could read on my face I wasn't succeeding. I was walking from one end of the apartment to the other and she intercepted me. She stopped me where I stood and put her hands on either side of my face. Her eyes got really big, she leaned in close to me, and she said in this really weird raspy whisper, "Peace be with you, my son."

I burst into laughter and Sarah giggled and scurried away.

I  need to remember that I don't always have to figure out how to get from Point A to Point B on my own. I've got someone with me who knows how to get there and she's more than willing to show me the way.

No comments: