Monday, January 10, 2011

Pictures of People Watchin' Movies

A couple of weeks ago, Sarah and I had some visitors from Indiana. Every Christmas Sarah's sister Stacy and her family (her husband Nathan and their three kids Dylan, Kayla, and Aubry) come out to Pennsylvania from the Hoosier state to spend some time with us. And by "spend time with us" I mean lounge around the house all day with us and play games.

This year was special because my brother Ray and his family (his wife, Piper, and their daughter Valencia) came out as well. We played a lot of games and then played some more and had a blast.

One of the highlights of our time together, though, was filming the final chapter in our goofy little homemade video series about a warped super hero, Terocus. We filmed the first episode back in 1992 with an oversized camcorder (you know, the kind where the video tape was an actual video tape) when we were a lot younger. I'm 40 now and my brother isn't too far behind and I'm proud to say we haven't matured a bit.

We filmed for a few hours over two days and I spent the following week after everyone had gone back home editing away. Sure, it's silly and inane and to be honest, probably only funny to those of us who were there, but I enjoyed putting all the pieces together.

I finished the final edit a few days ago and uploaded it to YouTube, only to have it rejected because of copyright violations which basically translates to: we used music by the Red Hot Chili Peppers over the end credits and didn't get permission from the president of BMG Music. I'm still not sure how some people get away with uploading entire videos and songs and we got screened for using a 40-second clip, but oh well. More than likely I'll just swap out the music at the end and re-post it soon.

But in the meantime, we wanted Sarah's family to see it. We sent them the file and then held a Skype session so Sarah and I could watch them watch it. It wasn't the most ideal of circumstances but at the same time it was really cool to be able to share the moment with them. I took some photos of our Skype session and it was a true technological Kodak moment.

So yea, I'll have the video up soon. In the meantime, swing by Terocus's fan page and enjoy the photos of our big premiere.

Hammer time.





No comments: