Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Insanity 2.0 - Day 03

I've been walking a lot lately. Yes, it's good exercise, but I've usually been walking to 300-calorie caramel lattes, so it sort of cancels itself out. Today I walked a few miles and was going at a pretty steady pace. By the time I got home I was already a pretty sweaty mess (My wife is such a lucky person) and I gave myself about an hour before I started in on today's round of Insanity.

I only made it about 25 minutes into the 43-minute workout before I had to cut it short. Even with my modifying of the jumps, toning them down from jumps to steps, I knew I wouldn't be able to last the whole time (Long story short, I've never been able to last long at all-things cardio, which kinda stinks. I come from a family of long-distance runners and in high school it was always something I wanted to do but physically couldn't). Apparently my body needs a bit more time in between walks and Insanity workouts (or, like I did the previous two days, do Insanity earlier in the day, and then walk).

It's always a bit discouraging when I have to cut a workout short - or else end up passed out on the floor - but Sarah helps me to remember it's a good thing to be smart about it. And, at the end of the day, 25 minutes of Insanity is still 25 minutes of Insanity.

No comments: