Friday, April 25, 2014

Insanity 2.0 – Day 05

Given my general horrible health and the fact that I can't run at a steady clip for more than 15 minutes, today's Insanity workout, Pure Cardio, was a bit intimidating to pop into the DVD player. When, in the beginning of the workout, Shaun T himself admits to being afraid, you know it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

That being said, though, I was able to finish the entire workout. Not that I did the entire workout without taking breaks, but I made it through to the end. Given my medical history, that's saying a lot. Of course, I modified the crap out of the workout. Yes, I felt like an old-man with a walker in the lane next to Usain Bolt, but I knew it was for my own good. And, about halfway through, I felt the echoes of a shin splint in my left leg taunting me.

My shin splint didn't return, but I did feel a warm tightness as if my body was saying, "Careful, Ed."

So I took it slow.

My shirt was still drenched at the end and my heart rate was still pounding in my neck, but I was a bit smarter about it than the last time around.

On a side note, I love that the people in the DVD seem to be struggling as much as I am. As someone who's not in the kind of amazing shape my wife is in, it's kinda nice to see that I'm not the only one begging for mercy.

No comments: