Friday, May 28, 2004

Catching up

Last night was the first Poker Night in a long long time and it was really good to see and catch up with some of the guys (it was a rather small Poker Night...only 5 of us).

Poker didn't start until 7, so Gabe and I met Chico at Gotee at 5:30 when they closed, I had the PS2 in tow, and we played video games at the office for a bit until it was time to drive around the corner to Jeff's house and begin the festivities.

I did pretty well for most of the night...won a couple of "big" hands (or at least big hands to me) but by the end of the night, I had whittled it down to my usual small stack of chips and decided to go all in on the last hand just because I didn't feel like counting out any change. I lost, but I didn't mind. It was a good night.

Afterward Chico and Gabe and I went to the movies to see "Envy." Ugh. Poor Ben Stiller. I mean, I'm glad that he's able to work and stay busy, but he needs to learn how to say "No" once in a while. Such a big steaming hunk of crap I have not witnessed in a long long time. I actually considered walking out a few times, and if you know me, you know that I don't walk out on movies. But "Envy" was as big a pile of dog crap as ever came out of Hollywood. It actually only made me mad. Why aren't people paying ME millions of bucks to write movies? I can write bad movies, too, if that's what they're looking for.

No comments: