Sunday, July 11, 2004

3 True Stories

I've been a subscriber to Netflix for some time now, and I think it's awesome. Well worth the money. Considering how much I'm into movies and how much I WOULD spend a month on rentals, I'm saving a lot of money. And now I think Netflix should give me 8 free months for that piece of advertising since MILLIONS of people read this blog each day.

Anyhow, I received my 3 latest movies from them and without even realizing it, I had chosen 3 movies that were based on actual events. "A Beautiful Mind," "Radio," and "Blow."

I'd never seen "A Beautiful Mind" simply because I can't stand Russell Crowe. If ever a face was asking to be slapped with a dead fish, that face is Russell's. But, because I am impartial and a true and just man, I was able to look past my dislike for him and actually thought it was a pretty good movie. His acting was very good, he did a nice job of capturing John Nash. I gave it 4 stars out of 5. But I still think Russell Crowe is a dork.

"Radio" was stupid. I wasn't expecting much, and it STILL managed to let me down. This was actually worse than "Forrest Gump," if you can believe it.

I gave "Blow" 4 stars as well. Great movie. I was going to give it 5 stars, but I can never justify giving ANYTHING with Bobcat Goldthwait in it 5 stars. Johnny Depp more than made up for it, though. He always steps up to the plate and this time around was no different. After watching the bonus footage and the interview with the man Johnny was portraying, it only showed how good of a job Johnny did.

So three movies in three days. Not too bad. Two out of those three were actually worth the rent and worth recommending, so again, not too bad.

As I check my Netflix queue I see that the next movies on my list that are coming to me are "Shadows and Fog," "The Majestic," and "Mighty Aphrodite." It's been a while since I've seen a good Woody Allen film, so don't let me down "Shadows" and "Aphrodite." Or face the wrath of my NEGATIVE REVIEW IN MY BLOG!!!

Bwa ha ha ha ha ah aha ha ha ha ha ah aha ha ha ha

No comments: