Thursday, July 08, 2004

I Want This Much. But I Only Wanna PAY This Much

There's this commercial that is played too many times here in Nashville and it's gotten to the point where every time it comes on I want to put sharp objects in my eyes.

It's a BellSouth commercial advertising their High-Speed DSL service and features a bunch of cool hip people running around doing hip and cool things as they constantly proclaim throughout the entire thing "I WANT THIS MUCH SPEED!!!" and they stretch their hands out. Quick cut to a shot of them with their thumb and index finger an inch or two apart. "BUT I ONLY WANNA PAY THIS MUCH!!!"

And they scream this particular desire over and over and over and over. And over.

It's just funny to me how, after seeing the same commercial 5 times in one half-hour block, a bunch of young hip people doing young hip things who want this much but only wanna pay this much magically transform into little whining annoying cheapskate babies who want everything they can get but are too cheap to actually pay for it.

Idiots.

No comments: