Saturday, August 27, 2005

Get a Job

I start my new job on Monday. It's a part-time job that I got through a temp agency (none of the agencies I went to that I mentioned in my earlier blog). It's a job at a finance company where I have to call shareholders and ask them how they want to vote on issues. Granted, it doesn't sound like the most exciting job in the world, but it's a night job (5:30-11) which means I have my days free to go to auditions!!!! YES!! I am loving it!

The job is in the Wall Street district and during my interview we were in a room overlooking the water and I had my first ever real-life glimpse of the Statue of Liberty. And can I tell you? It was a lot smaller than I imagined.

Whenever you see it in a movie it's always a swooping helicopter shot up close and everything, so this time when I sqaw it I was in a huge skyscraper that seemed to dwarf it and I was like, "Huh." Still though, it was cool. But since I was in an interview, I couldn't really take the time to gawk and sightsee.

So that was a good time. In the meantime, I've been working on stand-up material. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: