Monday, December 12, 2005

Cold Without Snow is Just Cold

Where's our holdiay season snowfall? Everyone else has snow, but New York doesn't! What gives?

It's not that I'm absolutley dying for snow, but I'm looking for a reason to be distracted by the cold weather. The other day it snowed overnight and when I woke up it was still falling. Huge flakes that got me excited and made me feel like a kid again.

I walked to work with a spring in my step. Most of the other people walking the streets seemed disgruntled to be out in such weather but I was digging every minute of it. Sure it was cold, but I could care less. The snow was beautiful!

By the time I left work the snow had melted but it was still just as cold outside and I was not enjoying the cold weather sans snow. Cold weather with snow is bearable. Cold weather without snow is just annoying.

As I walked home tonight from work it was the coldest it's been so far and there was no snow to make up for it.

Come on, snow. You're slacking here.

No comments: