Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Name That Artist

My brother works for the post office but isn't a full-time employee (yet). On his days off he comes to work for Dad and today was one of those days. It's always a lot of fun when the Rayman is about. Today Ray, Rich (my cousin), and I were playing the game of Name That Artist while we had on the radio. We made up the rules as we went along, but here's the basic outline:
* When a song comes on the radio, the first person to name the singer gets 1 point (the song is voided if the DJ says the artist before one of the players can)

*If no one can name the artist, the person in last place gets 1 point.

*At any point in the game, you can say "the next song is worth 2 points." Each player can only use this once per day.

*At the start of the day, you each name 1 artist. The first person's predeiction to be played receives 3 points.

*The game ends at 4:00. At 3:00, the next song played is worth 10 points if you are in last place, 5 points if you are in 2nd, and only 1 point if you are in first.

We had a blast playing throughout the day and it really helped to pass the time (you need to find something to do when you're stripping and refinishing hardwood floors). I ended up winning and Rich came in a close second, although I think Ray cheated. He tried to convince me that Train sings that new song "Bad Day." I told him I knew that was wrong, but couldn't think of the correct name. He insisted it was Train and claims we gypped him out of 2 points (it played twice today and each time he tried to convince me it was a Train song). Turns out I was right, but I'm not saying who it is in case Ray reads this and saves the info for a later date.

I don't think Ray is working with us for the rest of the week, but it was fun to have him pop in. If you've spent any time with me (especially on a car trip), then you know I love to come up with stupid games to play. Ray and I are kings at that. Tuesday we played the "Name an actor and then we have to come up with said actor's best--and worst-- films" game. It brought on some great discussion, rather heated exchanges (all in good fun), and rehashed the old "Who's the better actor, Kurt Russell or Steven Seagal?" debate Ray and Dad have been waging for years.

All in all, a good time. My brother is fun.

No comments: