Saturday, December 30, 2006

My Dream

In a couple of weeks it will be the 2-year anniversary of the death of a very close friend of mine. So much has happened since then, I find it hard to believe it's only been two years since he beat me Home.

Tonight he visited me in a dream.

In the dream I was with him as he passed, except we were nowhere near the cold Alaskan waters. He was lying on the floor of an unfamiliar kitchen and he was fortunate enough this time to slip away while the sun was still out. I was bringing him beers that were on the counter (only Aaron) and he turned to me and said, "You want to be a comedian, right?"

"Yeah," I answered him.

"Does it matter to you how big the venues are?"

"No," I answered without hesitation, "I just want to make people laugh."

Aaron smiled, and the dream disappeared.

No comments: