Monday, October 20, 2008

A Morning Conversation

A comedian, I forget who, maybe it was Karl Pilkington, once talked about old married couples and the fact that they often just sit in silence because they've run out of things to talk about. I don't think that will ever happen with Sarah and me. Behold, our in-depth conversation we had at 5:45 this morning:

I was coming out of the bathroom and walked past our cat Mai, who was laying next to the radiator. If you've seen our cat (a long haired calico) then you know she is 14.5 pounds of hair with a head.

Me: I can't believe Mai is laying right up against the radiator like that. You'd think with all that hair she'd get hot.
Sarah: Maybe she likes to sweat.
Me: Do cats sweat? I heard dogs sweat through their tongue.
Sarah: I don't think I've ever seen a cat exert enough energy to sweat.
Me: I bet if a cat sweats, it dies.
Sarah: First sign of a cat dying. "Cat breaks out in sweat."
Me: (typing "do cats sweat" at Google) I'll find out.

Pause while my laptop loses internet connection.

Sarah: Did you ask Jeeves?
Ed: Nah. I gave up and blogged about this instead.

1 comment:

stacey said...

I freakin heart the placencia's. A lot.