Friday, October 24, 2008

Hey, Look! A Black Guy!

A couple of months ago I posted a blog about a mystery man who walks around outside my office window every day. I made a video of him, speculating  who he might be. This strange white dude who wanders around every day, his long black hair and creepy moustache, his baggy dress clothes...he is indeed an enigma.

About 6 weeks ago he disappeared. I haven't seen him since. Did he find this blog, or the video of him, and go into hiding? Did he get a new job? Did whoever he talks to on the phone every day break up with him and thus he no longer has a need for his daily phone break?

Yesterday Lisa and Ashlea were in my office and I saw a figure outside the window from the corner of my eye. Lisa did too, and said excitedly, "Is that the guy on the phone?!"

We were instantly excited and all three of us dashed to the window and peered outside. And we got busted. The dude looked right at us.

The only thing is, it wasn't our guy. Not even close. It was a big bald black man.

And I'm sure the three white people rushing to the window to look at him made him feel AWESOME.

So, sorry, Stranger Outside My Window #2. I realize what it probably looked like but you have to believe me when I say it was a completely innocent group stare. I promise you I've seen a black guy before.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I know the white man you speak of Ed. He walks around on his cellphone while I am in the studio on Thursdays-USUALLY.... I also have not seen him in a few weeks. MMMMmmmmmm.....Perhaps his job allows him to travel extensively...spelling error possible..i know guys like him,

ashlea said...

eddie...i wasn't there