Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Story Time with My Wife and Dylan Brody

This afternoon I asked Sarah, "Hey, do you have a few minutes? Wanna hear a story?"
She nodded her head with a smile and said, "Sure!"

After pouring us each a cup of her world-famous white mochas, we settled in on the couch. I have spent the last couple of days listening to an album for my Comedy Reviews website and I played for her a track from the forthcoming project from comedian/storyteller Dylan Brody, "Chronological Disorder."

It's a track called "Bad Deal," and we sat on the couch listening to his story about poker, his grandfather, his wife, and an Atlantic City hotel parking garage. With our mugs of coffee close at hand, we laughed, smiled, and allowed ourselves to be transported for a few minutes to a place where we could not be harmed. The recording itself is intimate and close and it didn't take long before we felt like we were there, in person, listening to his tale among friends and fellow fans of "fine words and phrases."

After the story was finished, Sarah and I looked at each other and smiled. We shared a hug and a kiss and a feeling of warm fuzzies filled the room. It was nice.

Needless to say -- spoiler alert if you read my reviews -- I love this album. I can't wait to tell you more about it.

No comments: