Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Just a Regular Day for Ed

So Ed, what did you do today?

Oh, you know, the usual...went to work on the set of the new film The Devil Wears Prada where I got to work in some scenes with Meryl Streep, Stanley Tucci, Heidi Klum, and the designer Valentino.

What an odd day indeed. I got the call last night from my agent a little after midnight that they needed extras and I was out the door at 9:15 this morning for my 10am call. The shoot took place down in Chinatown, not far from where I work with Accomplice NY.

Extras were being held in the basement of a church. There were probably about 150 of us there and it took about 2-1/2 hours for wardrobe to look at the change of clothes we brought along, to approve them, and to let us know what they wanted us to wear (there were 4 different set-ups to be shot with 3 changes of clothing).

After they got us straightened out, we went to the set which was a short bus trip away. It was in a beautiful building (I don't know what this place is during regular business hours...it looked like a cross between a church and a restaurant and a hotel). They had one area set up with white sheets all over to shoot a party that takes place backstage after a fashion show. I was chosen to stand right next to Meryl Streep and Valentino as they enter the room and I believe this is where I got my best shot at some nice screen time. It was fun.

After that, we were led into the main room where they had a fake fashion show runway built and we all portrayed the people in the audience. They shot 3 different fashion shows and changed the set each time, so if you ever see this movie you may have to watch it on DVD to pause it and pick me out each time. But I'm in there, trust me.

It only took 14-1/2 hours to shoot all of this, so needless to say I'm a bit tired but I had a lot of fun. It was cool seeing Stanley Tucci. He's actually pretty witty.

I could go on but I won't. I'd bore you and I'm tired anyhow.

No comments: