Friday, April 25, 2008

The Shadow Man

As many of know, I always carry a small notebook in my back pocket. One never knows when something funny will pop into your head and it's always best to be armed to write it down, especially if you have hopes of doing comedy.

Because I carry these notebooks with me all of the time, they have a tendency to fall apart. Last night I came across three of the past notebooks I used to carry with me everywhere. They aren't even notebooks anymore...they're more like a piles of loose pages and it took me a bit of time to figure out what order they went in so I could make sense of them. I decided to transcribe them into a looseleaf notebook so they're all together and in some sort of order.

As I was re-reading, I found a few gems I had forgotten about. And when I say gems, I'm not trying to be arrogant about my funny; they just made me laugh. And I figure if they made me laugh after incubating in a drawer for so long, there might be something to them.

One of the ideas I had scribbled down wasn't a stand-up comedy bit but an idea for a short film. I don't recall exactly when I wrote it but I'm pretty sure it was in 2006-2007 while I was in Indiana. It was only 4 or 5 lines and I decided I wanted to film it.

So I ran around the apartment last night and got Sarah to be the star. A few hours later I had a finished product I was uploading onto YouTube. I wouldn't consider the premise one of the "gems" I mentioned earlier, but it was fun to film again and have something new to share.

You can watch it here. Enjoy. Leave a comment and let me know if you liked it. Or if you didn't.

On second thought, if you didn't like it, you don't need to comment.

Just kidding.

Sort of.

But not really.

No comments: