Monday, December 20, 2010

Sleepy Sarah

Last night I got out of bed to get some water. It was late, Sarah was fast asleep, and as I crept back into the bedroom I totally blew my cover with a loud sneeze. Sarah sat up with a start and, still very groggy and half-asleep, said, "What?"

For some reason I decided to goof with her and I answered, "A dog got in here!"

Poor sleepy Sarah had a hard time computing. "A dog?"

I felt bad for giving her a hard time and gave in. "No, I'm just kidding. I sneezed."

Sarah mumbled an "Oh" and then laid back down. I slipped beneath the covers and snuggled next to her. About 15 silent seconds went by and then Sarah woke again.

"What??"

"I didn't say anything, baby." I assured her.

Poor Sarah was utterly confused. "You didn't?"

"Nope." I rubbed her shoulders and she laid back down.

When I asked her about it this morning, she remembered hearing my sneeze but didn't recall anything about the dog.

No comments: