Friday, December 31, 2010

Year in Review (2010)

Another year has come and gone and before 2010 becomes as easily-forgotten as 1996, let's look back and re-visit the highlights in The Year of Ed before we jump into 2011...
JANUARY



  • January 19 - I was hired to record the voiceover for a commercial at MAX Films here in the area. This is only notable because of how hilariously long it took me to get paid for it.

  • January 23 - Improv night at the Landis household! Our friends John and Lisa invited a bunch of people over for some fun parlor games, including some Whose Line-style improv games.
    In one of the games ("Party Quirks"), Sarah was a turtle. This is her doing her turtle thing.

FEBRUARY

  • February 2 - Our regular Tuesday night Lost viewing parties continue as the final season premieres. We celebrate with a pinata. Naturally.

  • February 5 - Our friend Alyssa debuts her month-long art show at our favorite coffee shop, Square One.

  • February 10 - A massive snowstorm hits Lancaster. 

  • February 13 - Sarah and I traveled to Pittsburgh to catch our friend JT in a performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

  • February 19 - Sarah and I head to Philadelphia so Sarah can attend a Zumba conference and I can hear weird noises coming out of the rooms of strangers staying down the hall.

MARCH

  • March 20 - I judge a local singing competition, LS Idol. William Hung does not make an appearance.

  • March 27 - Sarah and I catch the hilarious production of Noises Off at the Fulton Theatre.

APRIL

  • April 3 - Sarah gets to meet the Beals, Jeff and Nik, dear friends from my days in Nashville. A barbecue on a great spring day in York. Hard to beat it.

  • April 12 - Sarah and I travel to Destin, Florida to visit some of her family for a week.
    Just because we're visiting relatives doesn't mean we don't stop acting like this.
MAY

  • May 23 - The Lost season finale. We all freak out.

  • May 27 - Sarah and I go to a Lancaster Barnstormers game. It gets rained out.

JUNE



  • June 3 - Sarah is chosen to lead the crowd at a Barnstormers game in some Zumba during the 7th inning stretch. The game gets rained out in the 5th.

  • June 25 - Sarah and I go to the Lancaster Catholic Carnival and then walk over to our friends' house to watch the fireworks.
    During the fireworks display, some fallout landed on the Ruoffs' roof and firemen had to climb on top to make sure it wouldn't burn down. Fortunately, it didn't.
JULY



  • July 31 - Sarah and I traveled to Gettysburg to do a little amateur ghost hunting.

AUGUST



  • August 15 - Hey, remember that voice over job I mentioned back in January? I finally got paid for it!

  • August 21 - Sarah and I enjoyed ghost hunting so much the first time around, we decided to head back to Gettysburg for our first ghost hunting session with actual ghost hunters. It kinda blew.

SEPTEMBER



  • September 9 - Sarah and I, along with the Breneman siblings Ryan, Alyssa, and Ashlea, head west for a California vacation.

  • September 18 - Our church, Willow Street Mennonite Church, celebrates 300 years!

  • September 19 - Sarah and I return to the Fulton Theatre for their performance of Spamalot!

OCTOBER



  • October 15 - My old college pal Ed comes into town for a few days. We spend some time at Inner Harbor in Baltimore and have a blast.
    At this point in our visit to Inner Harbor, we are totally clueless as to how amazing the tapas are going to be that we have just ordered.
NOVEMBER



  • November 4 - I debut my brand new comedy-album-review site, Comedy Reviews. Feel free to "Like" it.

  • November 6 - Sarah and I move into our new apartment!

  • November 14 - Sarah turns a year older.

  • November 17 - I do, too.

DECEMBER



  • December 5 - Sarah and I attend a performance of The Nutcracker. It's the first time seeing it for both of us and we both agree once is enough.

  • December 16 - Sarah and I go to the Fulton to see The Sound of Music with our good friends Dustin and Janelle. We all enjoy the show and then wonder what they do with all of the huge Nazi flags. Ebay?

  • December 17 - Sarah and I head to New York to take in the city during Christmas, improv at National Comedy Theatre, stand up comedy from Jim Gaffigan and our pal Adi, and film our annual Christmas video.

  • December 23 - Farewell party for our friends Alyssa and Ashlea Breneman as they gear up for their trips to Arizona and Hawaii (respectively).

  • December 24 - We attend church for the Christmas Eve service and then spend the rest of the night at Dustin and Janelle's playing games.

  • December 26 - Sarah's sister and her family comes into town to stay with us for their annual Christmas holiday celebration of playing games all day long. For the first time, my brother and his family come out and join in on the celebrating. We play games, film the final (?) installment of Terocus, and drink lots of coffee.

Things I learned in 2010? I don't know if I learned anything new, but I did re-affirm what I already knew. I love Sarah a lot, she's my best friend in the world. We love to travel. And all of our other friends...we love them a lot too. And want them to travel with us.

So pack your bags everyone and make sure your travel documents are in order. 2011 is here and we want you to see it with us.

Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments: