Saturday, June 04, 2005

Book Maniac

I just finished reading "Haunted" by Chuck somebody (the guy who wrote "Fight Club"). My buddy Erik read it and was telling me about it so after he finished it he passed it along to me. We get into pretty good discussions and I am sure this book will inspire some interesting conversation. It's basically about 23 people trapped together and each of their individual stories. I really enjoyed maybe 3 or 4 of the stories. All of the others I found myself just reading to find out what would happen in the next (and hopefully more intriguing) story. I'll give it 4 out of 10 stars.

Amy just finished "Life of Pi" and raved about it. I thought I'd give it a shot. I started reading it today, figuring I'd see how the first chapter goes and I am hooked. I had to get up because I've been reading non-stop and am already about a third of the way through. Whoever wrote it (I'm too lazy to get up and check the author, but I'll post it below) is really good at drawing in the reader so who knows. I'll probably finish it this weekend.

Because I am awesome.

No comments: