Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's Not Called "FunnyTV" For A Reason

I've never been able to get into MadTV. I've never been able to make it through a complete episode because every time it's on, I try to watch but always end up flipping the channel. Maybe everyone is just playing an elaborate trick on me, but a lot of my buddies rave about the show, go on and on about how crazy and hilarious it is. Some of them have even acted offended when I tell them I've never seen a whole show and a few have gone so far as to say it's better than Saturday Night Live.

I'm a huge fan of SNL and will also be the first to admit they've had their fair share of crap seasons. But when it's on, it's on (and I believe this season they're back on big time).

Today I came home for lunch and turned on Comedy Central and decided to give MadTV a chance. After a half hour I then decided it's a horrible show. I didn't smile, smirk, or even think heh one single time. And the annoyingly obvious laugh track made it seem even less funny than it actually was.

I make this vow to you in the name of good taste: I will never watch MadTV again.

I've tried, MadTV. Too bad you didn't.

No comments: