Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Great Funniest Sneeze-Off Of '06

Last night my brother Ray and his wife Piper had a "date night" to celebrate Ray's birthday. I got to spend some time babysitting their daughter Valencia and, as always, we had fun.

On the way back from the movies (Charlotte's Web...it was OK for what it was. I've never seen the "classic" cartoon and I've never read the book, so it wasn't something I probably would ever have seen otherwise) we were riding in the car and I sneezed. About a minute later, Valencia sneezed. After a few moments, she sneezed again but the second sneeze was blatantly obvious and I called her on it ("You faker! That sneeze wasn't real! What a fakey-fakerton").

After some short ribbing about her fake sneeze, I declared we were going to have a contest to see who could do the funniest sneeze. It eventually got to the point where my sneezes were so outrageous I was screaming at the top of my lungs, honking the horn, and opening the sun roof. It was fun to make Valencia laugh so hard she was out of breath.

So yeah. I so won that. Not even close.

No comments: