Sunday, July 01, 2007

Creation 2007

I just returned from the Creation Festival this morning and to say I'm tired would be an understatement. And all I did was film people. I can't imagine how tired the people are who actually worked.

I could go into the details of everything that happened. I could. But I won't. Instead of yakking here about what went down, I'll show you in a series of forthcoming videos on the WJTL YouTube page. Check back often, as I will be adding new videos as fast as I can get them edited.







To give you a sneak preview of things that may (or may not) be coming, I'll list off what I have written on the DV tapes (some of these identifying notes may only make sense to me, but I guess that will add to the mystique):

TAPE 1
Bethany Dillon. Tarps. Britney Mosher (Kutless Girl). Frankie. Mindy crowd. Skillet/Crowd. UMC Potty. Stacey/Gates. Traffic Control. Britt Nicole live. Kids' Tent. Bob Larry & Kristi. Girl Sleeping. Lunch w/us kids. Family Force 5 live. Monsterpod. Aaron Shust Pt 1

TAPE 2
Aaron Shust Pt 2. Mindy & Kristi eye check. Britt Nicole. I Heart Eddie. KJ-52. Lisa Landis. David Crowder. Monsterpod. Hot dog vendor. Rain crowd. Barbel. Salvador. Night crowd. Girl sleeping

TAPE 3
Outhouse shot. Shoes outside bus. Baked potato. ??? Storyside B. Casting crowns. Grits live. Aluminum foil girl. Gibson family. CSK winner. Shuttle bus line/golf cart view. Teron. Girl sleeping. Leeland

TAPE 4
Over ashes. Hawk Nelson. Creation crowd. Thousand Foot Krutch. tobyMac live. Casting Crowns live. Night. Compassion. Candlelighting.

TAPE 5
Phil Wickham live. Mandisa live. Phil Wickham. Newsboys trailer. Behind the stage. House of Heroes. Creation crowd (boy with ball). Hot dog vendor. Kutless. John Reuben.

TAPE 6
Caleb K (Kutless). Creation crowd. Barlow Girl. Hot dog vendor.

Despite all the obvious good times (interviews, concerts, free hot dogs) the best part of the week was seeing people I missed. A majority of them I hadn't seen since I was still working at Gotee Records and it was great to hang out and catch up with Gabe Patillo, John Reuben, Teron, Anita Crawford, and the Relient K guys.

Of course, as good as it was to see all of them, my favorite part of the week was spending time with Sarah. That's right. She hopped in an RV with her mom, her sister Stacy, and Stacy's two daughters and they made the long trek to Pennsylvania for the festival. Whenever I had a spare moment I would run outside and catch a few minutes with Sarah. Being with her again was amazing and, as much as I already knew I loved in missed her, it only served as a confirmation as to how much. She got to meet the whole JTL gang, we got to witness the candlelighting service together, we climbed to the top of the lookout, I asked her mom and her sister a question, and I got to hold hands with Sarah again.

Really, can you beat that?

No comments: