Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tact

This is actually an old story but one that I was recently reminded of, so I thought I'd share it with you.

It all takes place about 6 months after my divorce was finalized. I was visiting people I hadn't seen in about 4 years and it was the first time they had seen me since the separation. Sometimes you just don't know what to say (if anything) and so you'll just say whatever pops into your head. Like the lady in this tale.

I found myself talking with someone whose daughter was recently engaged...and this woman was none too happy about it.

She thought that if I would email her daughter I could talk her out of it. Naturally, since I didn't really know her daughter or the situation, I didn't want to get involved. This woman continued to try to talk me into it by pleading her case with this gem:

"I just thought you could talk from experience and let her know how horrible marriage is."

Ha ha ha, yea. I thought that was awesome, too.

No comments: