Sunday, March 01, 2009

It Had To Do With a Car...

I was talking with my dad on the phone and is often the case, the topic turned to movies. Seeing how he thinks Steven Segal is the best actor in the world, I wasn't surprised at the turn our conversation took.


Dad: Dude, I just saw the best movie of the year.


Me: Oh yea? What was it?


Dad: Ford Fairlane.


Me: What?


Dad: Dude, it was awesome.


Me: Are you kidding me? The Adventures of Ford Fairlane?


Dad: Yea, man.


Me: Dude, that movie was horrible! And it's so old!


Dad: What do you mean? When did it come out?


Me: I don't know, 1986?


Dad: What? No. It's new.


Me: Ford Fairlane? With Andrew Dice Clay?


Dad: No....with Clint Eastwood.


I paused to figure out exactly what Dad was talking about. And then it hit me.


Me: Dude, you mean Gran Torino.


Dad: Oh yea, that's it.


My dad, ladies and gentlemen.



adventures_of_ford_fairlane_ver2gran-torino1

1 comment:

brewster said...

awesome. He probably thinks taking it to the streets 2 was called footloose