** i LOVE a good story. stories that make you think about life, love and the possibilities. these movies all had great stories in them...
10. Sunshine Cleaning i think amy adams and emily blunt are fantastic in this. the scene where amy is sitting on a porch with an old woman who just lost her husband is so precious to me.
9. Avatar first time i saw a 3-D movie in who knows how long... perhaps ever... so that is why it made my list. i just wish they took a little bit more time to develop the story line.
8. State of Play this movie didn't garner a ton of attention, but i thought it was an extremely well-written script that kept me guessing until the very end.
7. 17 Again yeah, it has Zac Efron in it. but he actually doesn't suck at acting. and for some reason i laughed the whole way through this film. and yes, maybe our hands did just make a baby
6. The Proposal helllooo ryan reynolds. sandra bullock - thank you for always giving me a mental picture whenever i hear usher's song "yeah" from now on.
5. Sherlock Holmes since the bourne saga has come to an end, i need a fun new spy, let me beat up some guys series. thank you sherlock holmes.
4. 500 Days of Summer i loved the way this film was put together showing the progress and the deterioration of the relationship. ending was a bit cliche and a letdown but the message they sent through the ending i liked. plus i learned a fun new game to play in public.
3. Up wow... who would have thought that a pixar film could so moving?!? i definitely didn't know what i was getting into before i watched this. the montage of carl and ellie's life is great. my personal book of stuff i'm going to do is already formed in my mind.
2. The Blind Side there was so much hype about this movie, but i think it was worth all of it. the power of our choices to dramatically impact the lives of others is displayed wonderfully. go sandra and tim mcgraw!
1. Away We Go loved, loved, loved this movie! it made me excited about life and the idea that i can choose anywhere to live this journey. plus, john krasinski made beards look good and screaming on a train so fun.