Thursday, February 15, 2007

No Doves for Me

Still looking back at my old emails from my expired email account and found this little gem. I sent this to Missy Zahn at the Gospel Music Association in February 2004. Her response is below.

From: ED
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 2:28 PM
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Subject: TOP 10 REASONS WHY I, ED PLACENCIA, SHOULD HOST THE 2004 DOVE AWARDS

TOP 10 REASONS WHY I, ED PLACENCIA, SHOULD HOST THE 2004 DOVE AWARDS


10. Experience in improv will come in handy when Carman rushes the stage
9. Would never pronounce Jaci Velasquez "Mizz...Valice-gezz"
8. I'm often mistaken as the 6th Katina
7. Would invite Out of Eden on-stage for a DDR Max Dance competition
6. Promise to keep the Steven-Curtis-wearing-a-kimono jokes to a minimum
5. Would never think of opening the show with a song and dance number like that hack Billy Crystal
4. When's the last time a Mexican stepped foot on stage at the Doves? (besides Salvador)
3. Halfway through the show, we vote one of the Avalon members off the island
2. Will maintain my court-ordered 20-yard distance from Mac Powell at all times
1. It's 2004. Let's shake things up.


From: Missy Zahn
To: ED
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 3:49 PM
Subject: RE: TOP 10 REASONS WHY I, ED PLACENCIA, SHOULD HOST THE 2004 DOVE AWARDS


Very creative! We enjoyed the ideas. I'll forward it to our producers =)

Missy

Needless to say, I never heard back from "the producers." And as I think about it, I don't think they actually ever existed.

No comments: