Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Snubbed!!!

Maybe you didn't notice, but one of the films nominated for an Academy Award this year in the Best Costume Design category is The Devil Wears Prada. And maybe you also didn't notice I was in that film. Granted, it takes a freeze frame to see me, but I was in it nonetheless. And since I was required to bring my own wardrobe to the four scenes I was in, I feel it only fair that I should have been listed as one of the nominees. Right? I mean, if I wore my own clothes, thus adding to the feel of the film, and the film in turn gets recognized for everyone's clothes, am I not due an equal opportunity to bring home a gold statue? Or at the very least attend the ceremony?

Alas, as of this writing I have not received an invitation to the awards presentation. I'm not holding out hope. And something tells me I also shouldn't expect to be thanked in the acceptance speech should Prada win in this category.

But it's OK. Really. It's an honor just to not be nominated.

No comments: