Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Scab for Hire

OK, I'm probably not the only person who's sick of this writer's strike currently preventing me from seeing new episodes of "Saturday Night Live," "The Office," and "30 Rock" and pretty much guaranteeing me only a partial season of "Lost" and "24." Not only are my favorite shows MIA but I now have an excess of bland reality shows to choose from like "The Singing Bee," "Do You Know the Words," "Battle of the Choirs," "Nunfight 2008," "Are You Dumber Than A Redneck," and "So You Want to Be Famous for 10 Minutes, Too."

And so I have decided to cross the picket line (sorry Writer's Guild, but something tells  I'm not burning any bridges here...it's not like I'm a card-carrying member or anything...or have any chance of being so). So this is a proclamation to all interested TV studios/production companies that I'll take the bullet and step in and write a few episodes for ya, just so I can watch something new on TV.

I read a couple of weeks ago that the last time the talks between the writers and the union fell through, the writers turned down an offer that would garner them $250,000/year. You're getting a bargain with me. This is an offer you can't refuse: Pay me $175,000 a year and I'll write your TV shows and try to find a way to eke out an existence on my new-found  meager earnings.

Sounds like a deal to me. You get new episodes, it's easier to get advertising, and I get to figure out how in the world I could possibly survive on a 6-figure income. What have we got to lose?

Let's do this.

1 comment:

aniche said...

so if u started writing the shows what would happen to lost and prison break? an earthquake kills them all. that's what i would do. then i would go buy myself an apartment in the playboy mansion with all the money i got:)