Monday, January 07, 2008

The Results Are In

I just got off the phone a few minutes ago with the director from the Ephrata Playhouse regarding "The Pillowman" callback I went to yesterday. It seems that he decided to go with The Other Guy for the role I was up for. It's all good though (for real, and for honest) because The Other Guy (no disrespect...I just don't remember his name) did a really good job at the callback and he made me laugh. He's a funny guy.*

The director did ask if I would be interested in playing a much smaller role in the play and I said sure. He sounded surprised that I would accept. Maybe it was because I started off reading for the lead role and he didn't think I'd take a smaller role? Or maybe it was because he was hoping I'd turn it down. Hm. Let me think on that one. :)

He also indicated he'd like me to come back to the season callbacks, which are callbacks for all of the shows the theater will be doing this season. He told me he'd like me to read for a role in "A Streetcar Named Desire" and also for an improv show revolving around fairy tales.

Now you're talking my language. :)

*This is a quote from Three Amigos! by the bad guy Jefe, played by Alfonso Arau. I am unable to say the words "He's a funny guy" without saying it in my bad Mexican accent. Just thought I'd let you know. Thank you, John Landis!

No comments: