Saturday, June 19, 2010

Date Night

Thursday night we didn't have anything going on. Sarah wasn't teaching any classes and I didn't have any plans to play Green Day Rock Band, so we declared it to be a date night. I made reservations at The Olde Greenfield Inn here in Lancaster. When I told our friend Ashlea where we went, she looked at me incredulously and said, "Really?? I don't know anyone who's ever gone there."


And I guess I could understand her momentary surprise. When we got there, there were some people eating outside and some inside in the main dining room and they were all...well...I don't know how else to put it. They were all really old.


But I had an ace up my sleeve in the fact that I had reserved a private table downstairs in the wine cellar.



We sat down, Sarah opened the menu and said, "Ooh, this is a nice place."


And because it was a nice place, Sarah and I spent the next ten minutes running around taking pictures.




[caption id="attachment_1945" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="I love it when a plan comes together"][/caption]


Yes, it was a nice place. They even had glasses that could sing if you ran your finger quickly around the rim.


Sarah ordered the filet mignon and I had the seafood platter. Steak, yummy mashed potatoes, lobster, shrimp, Sarah and I ate like Kirstie Alley with a day pass.


Our plates were cleaned and there was no room left for dessert.


We came home and immediately regretted our gluttony. But we didn't regret our date night.

1 comment:

Landis said...

WOW! The wine cellar looks awesome! Looks like a great time. :) Dustin and I looked into going there one night, does that make us old?

We ended up going to the Steamboat Inn. That huge boat looking thing on Lincoln Highway. We walked in to see an old dude playing songs on a synthesizer. We turned right around and went to eat at a chinese restaurant. I don't know why but I hate Synthesizers!!!