Friday, June 18, 2010

Insanity: Day 10

Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Shin splints be darned, I was determined to work out today. When I woke up this morning, my leg was already sore and I was hoping it wouldn't get worse as the day went on. It didn't, but kinda sustained at a dull throb. I went to the drug store and bought some generic BenGay.

I was able to go 28 minutes, which was 3 minutes longer than the last time I did this same workout (and 8 minutes longer than yesterday); I burned 430 calories until I finally had to admit my leg was threatening to snap in two if I didn't stop.

The house currently smells like mint - really strong mint - as the magical ointment does its thing. My shin is also wrapped and ready to go for tomorrow, which is cardio recovery, so I'm sure my leg will appreciate the break.

But I loved it. More, more, more.

No comments: