Saturday, February 20, 2016

Mug Shots - Dylan Brody

I stumbled across Dylan Brody's fine words and phrases a few years ago while I was writing reviews of comedy albums and was immediately a fan. So much so that I soon found myself scouring his online store/emporium for more Brody goodness. 

Being a fan of both good coffee and good storytelling, when I saw this mug I knew I needed to add it to my collection. Not only did I admire the simple, strong strokes of the design, but as a coffee nerd I also loved the fact that it was a 16-oz mug instead of the standard 10 or 12 ounces (since the pourovers I make at home are of the 12-oz sort, many of the mugs we have are just to small to contain the perfect serving size)

I was fortunate to see Dylan live at a Storyteller evening in California a few years ago. Afterward he was gracious enough to chat with Sarah and I over drinks and it was an evening I haven't forgotten. He's a wonderful conversationalist with a knack for encouragement and speaking inspiration. Sarah and I made a few big decisions at the end of 2015 and Dylan's words stuck with us every time we began to second guess whether or not we were doing the right thing.

Encouragement, inspiration, and storytelling, all in one handy mug.

No comments: