Saturday, February 27, 2016

Mug Shots - Pac-Man

This just looks like a simple, plain, black mug but it's not.

Well, it is and it isn't. 

When I received this mug from my sister as a Christmas present, it didn't look like this. Instead it came adorned with the all-too familiar maze from the popular Pac-Man video game (in case you didn't know, I'm a bit of a gamer. You can find some of my gameplay on the Married to the Games YouTube channel). Much like my Community mug, it was heat sensitive, and when the mug was filled with warm liquid, ghosts and Pac-Man would appear on the mug. 

If you read my post about my Community mug, then you know where this is going.

Plain and simple, you're just not supposed to put magical heat-sensitive materials in the dishwasher. Because I didn't heed this warning, my Community mug is forever paintball-splotched. Not so with this one. In fact, pretty much the opposite happened. After one wash cycle, the entire maze decal began to peel off. I felt really bad about it, especially since it was a gift, but not bad enough to change my habits and wash the mug by hand like a commoner. 

So now I have something you don't see much of anymore: a simple, plain, black mug with no decoration on it whatsoever. But to be honest, I kinda like that about it. I'm sorry I didn't take care of the present you gave me, Jaime, but if it helps, I still use it all the time and really like it a lot. It's just...well, now you know why we can't have nice things.

No comments: