Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Quote From Jeff

I've never been the kind of person who was into quotes. Not that I don't like them, I just never remembered them, and reading a book of quotes was always like an amalgum of random thoughts that was hard for me to follow. When I think of quotes, I honestly think of one of those flowery day calendars that middle-aged women have on their office desks or on their window sill.

That being said, yesterday I was talking with my pal Jeff Jackson and he sent me a quote he said reminded him of me. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was definitely interested as Jeff is someone I really admire and respect.

And the quote killed me. It's like my life mindset only in better words than I could ever put it. I'll never have this quote memorized or be able to tell someone the quote at a party because I know I won't remember it correctly, but I wish I would. It's really cool. So I pass it along to you here.

"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his education and his recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both." -- Francois Auguste Rene Chateaubriand

No comments: