Saturday, July 08, 2006

Honk!!

Yesterday Dad, Rich, and I were returning from lunch in downtown Garrett and heading back to the worksite. We approached a corner and there were a couple of little girls there on the corner with signs, yelling at the passing cars. I assumed they were advertising a lemonade stand or yard sale or perhaps even a car wash.

We pulled up to the corner and couldn't believe what I read on their piece of posterboard, scrawled with crayon in little-kid writing:
honk if you like puppies or kittens!!!!!

honk twice if you like kittens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then they began to yell at us. "Honk if you like puppies or kittens!!! Honk if you like kittens!! Honk!!"

Well, I thought to myself, it sure doesn't get much more random than that.

Sure, it was a cute sight, but the cynic in me took over. Is this the best idea you guys have come up with to pass the time on a beautiful summer day? Getting cars to honk in support if puppies and/or kittens?

Have I mentioned I sometimes feel like I am living in Blaine, the city in Waiting for Guffman?

No comments: