Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Devil Does Indeed Wear Ed-a

I've had some people ask me if I can be spotted in either of the two movies that are currently out that I worked on, The Break Up and The Devil Wears Prada, and the answer is yes and no.

I have been lazy and haven't gone out to the theaters yet to check them out and then realized I could download bootleg copies of them, review them, and find out. Now don't get yourself in a bunch, I didn't watch them, just skimmed them in 30-second intervals to look for the scenes I was in and then promptly deleted them.

I'm nowhere to be found in The Break Up. The roller blading scene and beach scene, in fact, didn't even make the final cut of the film, so all we can do is hope I make it in the deleted scenes on the DVD.

The Devil Wears Prada is a different story. You have to be fast on your toes to see me, but I can indeed be seen! About 2/3 of the way through the film, there is a short montage of models on the runway at different fashion shows. The camera moves from shots of Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci to the models doin' their runway thing. Immediately after that brief scene we cut to a party, and everything in the background is in white. The camera quickly pans back to reveal more of the party and there, right there, you can see me in the bottom right-hand portion of the screen.



And then I'm gone. Outta there.

Am I disappointed you don't see more of me in either of the two films? Not at all. I got my check. Thanks. Cha-ching. See ya.

No comments: