Thursday, May 04, 2006

Letterman and Tarantino

What a weird day today was.

This afternoon I went to my first taping of the Late Show with David Letterman. It was actually a lot of fun and I think what impressed me most was the band (of all things!). You get to hear a little bit of them in and out of commercials but these guys are actually really good! Dave was hilarious and I didn't have to fake any laughter. Until the guests came out.

Rosie Perez and some female Indy race car driver. Rosie Perez showed us all how stupid she really is, and the girl race car driver showed us how arrogant she was. I think the audience loathed her. I know I did. A lot of fun, though. I'd like to do it again sometime. Once the show got started, it really flew by.

After that I went to an audition for a showcase of monologues and scenes from various Tarantino movies. Dan, Jacob, and Jason from the National Comedy Theatre came along and we did a scene from Four Rooms. It went really well. A weird experience, though. It was hard to make out what this Italian guy running the auditions was saying. Afterward we kind of mutually agreed that we didn't know what to think.

Weird, huh? Fun, though. I enjoyed it.

No comments: